Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!!


Yesterday was a rainy day but the BEST day. Our 6 month anniversary and the day we finally found out we're having a beautiful, healthy little GIRL. I'll be honest, Ry and I both had little feelings we were having a boy, but when the ultrasound tech said girl, I was overcome by joy.

A little baby girl...OUR little baby girl. I can't stop smiling. 
And thinking about the adorable pink sweatpants we purchased at Target on our baby-high after the appointment.

Thinking about my 6'4" husband holding a tiny baby girl MELTS MY HEART. I'm so happy to have my him hold my hand through all of this. Wipe away my tears of joy...and complete stress meltdowns. Happy girl here.



I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow...half way to meet my sweet girl!! I've been lucky enough to have a relatively "easy" pregnancy so far, with terrifying thoughts of "is this baby still in there? Is it growing? Am I eating enough?" But there was such a huge sigh of relief after I saw her fingers and toes, brain, heart, organs growing properly.

There is nothing like seeing your baby bouncing around in your belly. 
It became all real to us when we realized she was really a real person in there. Ours. I already feel like a mom and Ryan is already protective of his little girl. (And probably having panic attacks about her future boyfriends already.)

There are so many things I want to tell her, show her, teach her. I want to comfort her in the middle of the night when she's restless and needs her mama. I want to show her what love is by having a happy marriage and home full of memories. I want to teach her...everything. To throw a ball, braid her hair and put on makeup...

I hope that when she's all grown up and starting her own family she thinks of me the way I think of my mom. My hero. Role mode. Inspiration. Best Friend.

If she can love me even half as much as I love my mom...I will have done something right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment